Who would have thought… that carrot and rhubarb was a great muffin combination? Well trust me it is.
I made these little beauties for our family road trip this week and the hit the spot perfectly.
Carrot and Rhubarb Muffins
Write a review
- 3 medium carrots
- 4 rhubarb stalks
- 1 cup GF oat flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup coconut oil (liquid not solid)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (or 2 beaten organic free-range eggs)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- oil to grease muffin pan
- Pre-heat your oven to 180degC.
- Peel and grate the carrots
- Remove any fibrous parts from the outside of the rhubarb then finely slice.
- Combine all the ingredients well with a wooden spoon in a mixing bowl.
- Lightly grease a 12 opening muffin pan with oil.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and just firm.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in a airtight container in the fridge.
Veggies & Me https://veggiesandme.com/