Spring vegetables are beautiful and sweet right now. Perfect for tempting your little ones to eat their greens. I love a green pasta sauce myself so decided to put this baby and child friendly version together using some spectacular greens with a hint of fragrant mint.
A pasta dish like this is perfect to portion up and keep in the freezer. This recipe makes enough for more than 8 little meals.
- 200g uncooked baby pasta
- 12 green beans
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 asparagus spears
- 2 spring onions
- 1.5 cups peas (frozen if fresh is not available)
- pinch dried mixed herbs
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- sprig of fresh mint leaves
- Cook the pasta following the packet instructions.
- Chop the beans, zucchini, asparagus and spring onions into small pieces and add to a saucepan with the peas.
- Pour in the water and the mixed herbs and bring to a gentle boil.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mint leaves and remove from the heat.
- Use your stick blender to puree the veggies in the saucepan.
- Add the drained pasta to the pureed veggies and stir until well combined.
- Serve warm.
- Top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or a sprinkle of almond meal or nutritional yeast flakes just before serving.